1/1 Photo of Chicken Couscous One Pot
1 hr 10 mins
This delicious Moroccan-inspired recipe is easy enough for a weeknight meal but elegant enough for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss the chicken thighs in half the spices and a pinch of salt until completely coated.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saute pan with a lid.
- 3Fry the chicken, skin side down, for 10 minutes until golden brown, then turn over and cook for 2 more minutes before removing from the pan.
- 4Pour the rest of the oil into the pan, then fry the onions and garlic for 8 minutes until golden.
- 5Stir in the rest of the spices, then cook for 1 minute longer.
- 6Pour over the chicken stock and scatter the olives.
- 7Bring everything to a boil, turn down the heat, then sit the chicken, skin side up, in the stock.
- 8Cover the pan with a lid, then simmer gently for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- 9Lift the chicken onto a plate and keep warm.
- 10Take the pan off the heat.
- 11Stir in the juice of the lemon and couscous into the saucy onions in the pan. Top up with boiling water, if necessary, to cover the couscous.
- 12Place the lid back on the pan, then leave to stand for 5 minutes until the couscous is cooked through.
- 13Fluff through half of the parsley and lemon zest, then sit the chicken on top.
- 14Scatter the remaining parsley and lemon zest on top before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Couscous One Pot
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.0
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 161.7 mg
- Sodium 611.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 45.7 g