- 4 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 46 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 raw egg
- 3 chopped hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, corn, broth, water, and seasonings in a stock pot or dutch oven.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and cook three to four minutes until corn is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and raw egg to make rivels. Mix by hand until consistency of pie dough crumbs. Add extra flour if dough is too sticky.
- Slowly add rivels to boiling soup by crumbling into soup with hands while stirring constantly.
- Cook about five minutes and then stir in hard-boiled eggs.