Recipe by stephgrancanaria
This is my own recipe on a thai theme, adapted from all the millions of recipes I have seen for thai soup! It is so easy to prepare and quick too. Everyone that has tried the soup loves it. I tend to do it as a main course as it is very filling.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons peppercorns (more if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 liter stock (best to make half chicken half vegetable)
- 200 g dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in cold water for 20 minutes,drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 250 g chicken, cut into strips
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced (to garnish)
- 3 coriander sprigs (to garnish)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a pestle and Mortar pound the Garlic, Coriander Leaves and Peppercorns.
- In a pan, heat oil, add peppercorn mix and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Oyster Sauce, Ground Coriander, Mushrooms and Stock.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Lower heat so liquid barely moves.
- Drop in Chicken Pieces one at a time and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add Pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Spring Onions and Coriander Sprigs and serve.