Recipe by Boo Chef in West Texas
posted for ZWT 5
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 3 but next time i"ll do it for 2 and just give the DM and I a halve serve, it was so filling with the sides. For our prerolled pastry sheets and to fit the chicken breasts (about 170-180g each) I cut a 9" square pastry piece to about 7" x 9", so as to fully enclose. I used dijon mustard and half slice of boneless leg ham and finely sliced vintage cheddar cheese instead of swiss. Overall a delightful dish, thank you Boo Chef in West Texax, made for My 3 Chefs
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 4 slices cooked ham (about 4 ounces)
- 4 slices swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat margarine.
- Season chicken.with salt and pepper if desired. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove from skillet.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix egg and water and set aside.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface.Roll into 14-inch square and cut into 4 (7-inch) squares.Spread 1 teaspoon mustard on each square.Top
- with 1 slice ham, 1 slice cheese and 1 chicken breast half. Brush edges of
- squares with egg mixture. Fold corners to center on top of chicken and.
- seal edges. Place seam-side down on shallow-sided baking sheet.Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.