Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yummy chicken!! This is asked for a LOT.
Make and share this Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- flour (for dredging, save leftover flour)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Pound chicken breasts flat.
- Top each with ham and cheese.
- Roll up and secure with toothpick.
- Melt butter in 8-inch saucepan.
- Roll chicken in flour and sauté for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- To same pan add crushed bouillon cube and garlic.
- Add 2 Tbs of reserved flour and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add milk, stirring until bubbly.
- Add onion salt.
- Return chicken and coat with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was extremely tasty! I used honey ham and low fat swiss cheese. I also reduced the butter and added some fresh black pepper. Served this with white and wild rice mixture (plain) and some baby carrots. A delicious dinner that I will make again and again! -Christina
Overall, this was a tasty recipe. The sauce did turn out really thick and most of the cheese melted out of the chicken while cooking, so I'll make some adjustments for next time.
I had some left over ham and needed a recipe to use it up and am so glad I found this one!!!! This was delicous!!!!! I added 1/2 cup of white wine to the sauce. I like lots of sauce and next time I will double the sauce.