Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in a Southern Living Issue. Made this for my parents and my Dad actually requested the recipe so he could make it. This dish has great flavor!!
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 4 cups cubed sourdough rolls
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Toss 4 tablespoons melted butter with next 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Saute onions in remaining 2 tbls butter in a large skillet over medium high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms, and saute’ 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly 5 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish; top evenly with bread mixture.
- Bake a 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This was delicious and easy to make.