Purdy Good Cook's Note:
Chicken chili is a nice change from the regular old beef chili. In a bread bowl its even better! Fruit salad with this chili is a great combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon canola oil (5 mL)
- 1 (284 ml) can sliced mushrooms
- green red yellow pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2-1 tablespoon red chili paste (7 to 15 mL)
- 1 tablespoon cumin (15 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can mixed beans (Primo)
- 1 (19 ounce) can aylmer diced tomatoes
- 8 slices crisp bacon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup ketchup (125 mL)
- 2 -3 cups reserved cooked chicken (500 mL to 750 mL)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (250 mL)
- 150 g dark seedless grapes
- 150 g green seedless grapes
- 2 mandarin oranges
- honeydew melon
- french vanilla yogurt
- 4 -6 multigrain buns
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (125 mL)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2Heat oil in pan. Sauté mushrooms then add peppers, chili paste and cumin.
- 3Add beans, diced tomatoes, bacon strips, maple syrup and ketchup and bring to boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer.
- 4Fold in cooked chicken and corn.
- 5Mix chopped fruit together and place in bowls. Drizzle with yogurt.
- 6Hollow out buns and place on cookie sheet in oven. Turn oven off but leave buns inches.
- 7When dinner is ready to serve scoop chili into buns, top with grated cheese and return to oven on broil. Watch carefully until cheese bubbles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chili in a Bread Bowl With Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 900.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste