Douglas Poe's Note:
This is great recipe to make with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cook noodles until tender; drain.
- 3Cook broccoli until just tender, drain.
- 4Meanwhile, in a saucepan, over medium low heat, melt butter; stir in flour, salt, prepared mustard, pepper and milk.
- 5Stirring constantly, cook until thick and smooth.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in cheddaar cheese until melted.
- 7In a greased shallow casserole, or an 8 inch square baking dish, arrange noodles, broccoli and chicken.
- 8Pour cheese sauce over all.
- 9Sprinkle with almonds if using.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cheddar Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.2
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 706.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 26.6 g