Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great recipe to make with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
Make and share this Chicken Cheddar Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook noodles until tender; drain.
- Cook broccoli until just tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, over medium low heat, melt butter; stir in flour, salt, prepared mustard, pepper and milk.
- Stirring constantly, cook until thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddaar cheese until melted.
- In a greased shallow casserole, or an 8 inch square baking dish, arrange noodles, broccoli and chicken.
- Pour cheese sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with almonds if using.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbling.