Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great recipe to make with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook noodles until tender; drain.
- Cook broccoli until just tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, over medium low heat, melt butter; stir in flour, salt, prepared mustard, pepper and milk.
- Stirring constantly, cook until thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddaar cheese until melted.
- In a greased shallow casserole, or an 8 inch square baking dish, arrange noodles, broccoli and chicken.
- Pour cheese sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with almonds if using.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbling.