Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the internet, made a few changes to the ingredients, just based on what I had at home. Made it for dinner last night and it was awesome. I served this on white basmati rice, my favorite rice. This is my very first post here so wish me luck.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small leek, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes, with juice
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 20 button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a non stick heavy skillet, add chicken pieces and brown on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Place browned thighs in a non stick saucepan, arranging them side by side.
- To the drippings in the skillet at the leek and onion and saute for about 1 minute, then add garlic for about 15 seconds.
- Add the flour, mix it in well and let cook for about 30 seconds.
- Then mix in the wine and tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes a little bit.
- Bring this all to a boil over medium heat and pour over chicken.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, tarragon/oregano and soy sauce.
- Bring all to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking.
- Cover pan and reduce hear to low and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Spoon chicken, mushrooms and some sauce over rice.
This was a lovely, really easy weeknight dinner. I used crimini mushrooms. And I used the oregano and passed on tarragon - not sure about pairing tarragon with such strong herbs like rosemary and thyme. Also, I used a regular cast iron skillet instead of non-stick - I find non-stick makes it almost impossible to brown meat effectively. I also took your cue and made basmati rice to go with the chicken, which was just right. For a vegetable we had roasted asparagus spears (toss rinsed spears with some olive oil, spread on cookie tray, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 5-10 minutes in 450F oven). Great first post Grecorican!