Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
There are a lot of chicken casseroles out there but this is the best I've ever had. My kids love it too. Freezes well (let thaw and then bake) and works well for a covered dish meal. I like to serve it with cranberry sauce on the side. And as a reviewer suggested, I have heard of people adding chilies to this recipe. I usually broil my chicken. The results are much tenderer than boiling it. Thigh meat can also be used if you prefer.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cooked & cubed
- 8 ounces sour cream or 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes (or crushed)
- Combine butter and stuffing.
- Line 2 quart casserole dish with half of it.
- Sprinkle chicken over stuffing.
- Combine sour cream, soup and broth.
- Pour over chicken and top with remaining stuffing.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Tip: I prefer broiled and diced chicken breast.
Marg, I highly recommend this recipe to everyone! It is definitely a comfort food that has flavor galore! The only change that I made was to use only 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of sour cream. This was for personal preference in that I wanted more of the cream of chicken soup flavor to be dominant. We will have it again for sure! Prepared as a participant in the January 2008 Comfort Food Event in the Recipezaar Photo Forum.
Marg, this was an awesome casserole. The taste was similar to a casserole I make with ritz crackers only more calories. Will definitely be making this one from now on. Thanks
Grace's Chicken Casserole is our favorite chicken and stuffing casserole, but this is definitely a close second - very flavorful and easier to prepare than mine. I will be making it again although next time I think I'll make sure the bottom layer of stuffing is moist - maybe use some broth - because it was a bit too crunchy for me - although my family thought it was just fine. Thanks!