Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adapted this recipe from a tuna casserole recipe. It turned out so creamy and good!
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
We LOVED this casserole! Its a little more time involved than what I would make on the weekdays, but it makes a perfect Sunday dinner. I'll definitely be making this again. Even my husby loved it and he never gives any recipe above 3 stars! Thanks for posting!
Made for PAC Spring '08. Very good, easy to put together, comfort food that just hit the spot. I used leftover roast chicken and cream of mushroom soup. I also added a little more cheese than the recipe called for. Would definitely make again!