Recipe by Michelle S.
I made this when a friend from England came over to stay for a month for dinner on her first evening here. Before she left I asked her if she wanted to go out for a special dinner or make something at home. She chose this!!! It is very simple and spectacular tasting, the soup really does work in this recipe!!!
Top Review by Gapeach
Wow! This smelled heavenly while cooking and tasted delicious. I too, enjoyed the peppers' still slightly crisp, but not too crunchy texture. I served it with angel hair pasta, a green salad and garlic bread to soak up the sauce. Great recipe. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3⁄4 cup sliced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Mix flour and garlic powder.
- Dust chicken with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet brown chicken in oil.
- Drain oil when browned.
- Add soup, wine, onion, mushrooms and seasonings.
- Cover; cook over low heat 30 minutes.
- Add green pepper strips; cook 15 additional minutes, or until peppers are crisp tender; stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf before serving over freshly cooked pasta of your choice.