Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: Pillsbury Grillin'
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In medium bowl, mix tomato topping ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down and gently pound with flat side of meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- In shallow bowl, beat egg and milk w/fork until blended.
- Spread flour on a shallow plate.
- Spread bread crumbs on another shallow plate.
- Coat chicken w/flour, then dip into the egg mixture and then coat w/the bread crumbs.
- In 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add chicken and cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until crumbs are golden brown and chicken is on longer pink in center.
- Serve tomato topping over chicken.
My family would eat this every night!! I usually put the tomato topping in a skillet until heated through since my mom doesn't like cold toppings on hot food.