This is a favorite of my family. I am asked to make it for each family gathering. Hope it brings the same fame for you. ENJOY!!
- Rinse and drain broccoli. Chop up the broccoli into small bite size pieces splitting the larger pieces as you get toward the top of the crown.
- Warm the Shredded Chicken, I use mine straight out of the Crock pot. Mix chicken and the cream cheese until blended well. Does not have to have a perfect consistency. The cream cheese will melt in the oven. Put this in an 11 x 9 baking dish. Add some salt, pepper and garlic powder to the top.
- Next put the entire bowl chopped broccoli on top of the chicken. Spread them out evenly. Making sure to completely cover the chicken.
- In a sauce pan warm the cream of broccoli and a half of can of milk. If you follow the directions on the can you will make it too runny. So just use a half of a can of milk.
- Cover with the top with all of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25- 35 mins or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown on the sides.