Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a favorite of my family. I am asked to make it for each family gathering. Hope it brings the same fame for you. ENJOY!!
- 2 -3 lbs shredded chicken
- 2 lbs broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 (8 ounce) canof campbell's cream of broccoli soup (You can use cream of Mushroom however I have a mushroom allergy.)
- 4 ounces milk
- Rinse and drain broccoli. Chop up the broccoli into small bite size pieces splitting the larger pieces as you get toward the top of the crown.
- Warm the Shredded Chicken, I use mine straight out of the Crock pot. Mix chicken and the cream cheese until blended well. Does not have to have a perfect consistency. The cream cheese will melt in the oven. Put this in an 11 x 9 baking dish. Add some salt, pepper and garlic powder to the top.
- Next put the entire bowl chopped broccoli on top of the chicken. Spread them out evenly. Making sure to completely cover the chicken.
- In a sauce pan warm the cream of broccoli and a half of can of milk. If you follow the directions on the can you will make it too runny. So just use a half of a can of milk.
- Cover with the top with all of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25- 35 mins or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown on the sides.
I really liked this recipe and that's saying alot coming from a picky eater like myself. I used monterey jack and cheddar cheese combo and I also used cream of mushroom soup. Next time I think I will add a little water with the milk, when mixing the soup, because it didn't spread as much as I would have liked it to. But other than that absoutlely no changes. It quick and easy to make.
I made this recipe when it was suggested to use up some leftovers, I had roast chicken, broccoli and rice and my family, self included is not thrilled by leftovers well this got gobbled up! This recipe totally disguised the fact that we were eating leftovers and it was delicious! I used mushroom soup because I had it and served it over some reheated rice. My husband kept on saying how really good this was and I agree. Very simple and fast recipe too and as Parsley (whom suggested the recipe) said, very creamy! I will make this again.
Nice and creamy. I used cooked cubed chicken that I had frozen, so this was really quick to make. I added a little bit of onion (since my chicken wasn't very well seasoned) and used a monterey jack / cheddar mix. Thanx for sharing. This is a keeper.