Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice spicy chicken,not hot. The rub is a rather thick paste, if you think it's to thick add equal parts oil and vinegar to thin it. Can also be cooked in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes depending on size of chicken breasts.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cumin, Ground
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pat chicken pieces dry.
- Combine ingredients for rub.
- Smear rub over both sides of chicken; the more you use, the spicer it will be.
- Heat barbecue.
- Place chicken on grill, skin side down.
- Cook over medium heat, about 10 to 12 minutes per side, until chicken is justed cooked through. (If heat is too high, coating will burn; if too low, cooking time will be a little longer).
Really good but we prefer a "dry" rub.
Yummy spices! I baked this in the oven since I have nowhere to Barbeque. My house smells heavenly!
My son chose this recipe...he's always wanting spicy recipes and loves garlic. This fit the bill, was easy for a teenager to make, and we all enjoyed it. It was spicy but not too hot at all, although next time I would reduce the amount of black pepper. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.