Recipe by Dave C
Good with rice.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Thanks for posting this wonderful tasting, easy to make dish. I had Sunday dinner and this was the entree of choice. Am I glad!!! I loved the flavor of the celery and thyme (a good combination). I served it over rice instead of the noodles and it looked beautiful. Thanks again Dave, this one goes into the trusty T&T book.
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed milk
- celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon leaf, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups hot, cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from chicken, if desired.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt margarine.
- Brown chicken 3 minutes on each side.
- Spoon off fat.
- Stir in soup, water, thyme, celery and carrots.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with noodles.