Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cook this dish just before serving.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 30 g butter
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (170 g) can mango pulp
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat chicken broth
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Trim chicken of excess fat and sinew.
- Head oil and butter in pan; add chicken fillets.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan, cover with aluminium foil.
- Keep warm.
- Add spring onions, garlic and curry powder to pan juices; stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add mango, sour cream, mustard and stock to pan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Season, pour over chicken and serve.
This was a delicious meal served with Basmati rice. It was colorful and had just the right amount of sweetness. In lieu of 1 Tbsp grainy mustard I used 1 tsp of Coleman's yellow mustard powder. The meal was a hit with my family and I will make it again.