1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts, Orange Stuffed
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe has been a favorite of mine for almost 30 years, & although it is messy to make, it is fairly easy and makes a great looking main dish for dinner guests. For bread crumbs I usually use a cracked wheat or winter wheat bread, dice it up and dry it out in the oven before crushing it into crumbs. The chicken breasts for this recipe should be large.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place breast halves, one at a time, between plastic wrap & using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten each piece until it is about 1/4" thick.
- 2Pull off the wrap & sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper, if desired.
- 3In a small skillet, saute the onion in 1 Tbsp of butter until tender. Stir in the cubed orange, raisins, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs & thyme.
- 4Spread each breast evenly with the orange & crumb mixture, then roll up each breast with the stuffing inside. Tuck in the ends to help seal.
- 5Beat together the egg & milk, then dip the rolled up breasts into the egg mixture. Roll each breast carefully in the 1 cup of dry bread crumbs, & place in a baking dish with high sides. Cover loosely & refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to bake.
- 6Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, & bake for 30 minutes until golden brown, basking several times with the melted butter during the last 15 minutes of baking time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts, Orange Stuffed
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.2 mg
- Sodium 261.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 32.5 g