William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
The original recipe was posted in our local newspaper by T&T Supermarket. I made some tweeks to the recipe and it came out so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into cubes)
- 1 lb chicken wings, tips removed and wings split at joint
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups canola oil, in a wok (for deep frying)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (grated fine)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, root
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- green onion, chopped small
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Prepare chicken and rinse in cold water, pat dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl.
- 2In a plastic bag, add flour, salt, black pepper and shake to mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons of water until frothy.
- 4Pour the egg mixture over the the chicken and mix to coat.
- 5Add chicken to the flour mixture in batches, (chicken breasts) first and shake well to coat, then continue with the wings.
- 6In a Wok, add canola oil and heat to 375 F (medium-high heat).
- 7Add coated chicken breast cubes to the hot oil in the Wok and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes for each batch, stir frequently.
- 8When cooked, remove and place in a large bowl.
- 9Add coated chicken wings in batches to the hot oil in the Wok and cook until wings are cooked through, about 4 - 5 minutes for each batch, stir frequently. When done, add to the chicken breasts in the bowl and keep warm in a 250 F oven.
- 10Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, add 1 1/2 cups of water, orange juice, lemon jjuice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Cook over medium heat for about 3 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 11Stir in brown sugar, orange zest, ginger, garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. Bring to boil.
- 12In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and cold water until smooth.
- 13Slowly add the tapioca starch mixture to the sauce and cook until sauce thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
- 14Pour sauce over the cooked chicken and stir to coat well.
- 15Serve with cooked rice.
- 16You may also spoon sauce on chicken for each serving if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts and Wings in an Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1723.0
- Calories from Fat 1182
- Total Fat 131.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 258.9 mg
- Sodium 1136.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 55.1 g
- Protein 54.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: