Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like to heat the Tostado shells for apprx 10 minutes in a 325f oven or until they are golden. You can make them Vegetarian too - I have used Mexican veggie ground and made a guacamole to go on instead of slices - Even use a tofu cheese if you wish. Use any type of meat that you wish instead of the chicken - These tostados are fun to serve for a gang watching sports or after skating etc etc. Takes minutes in the final preparation. The cook time is the time to heat the already prepared beans and chicken
- 6 deep tostado shells
- 709.77 ml lettuce, shredded
- 1182.95 ml refried black beans or 1182.95 ml refried beans
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 473.18 ml fresh tomatoes, diced
- 473.18 ml salsa, hot, medium or mild
- 177.44 ml black olives, sliced
- 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese, grated (or your choice)
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted & sliced
- Have all your ingredients assembled and ready to fill the shells Have your favorite recipe of beans ready and heated Add cooked chiken to the hot beans, stir well, and allow to get heated through Meanwhile attractively, in separate dishes, place the Tomatoes,Olives, Salsa, Cheese, Sour Cream and avocados on the dining table (a lazy susan works well here).
- When ready to eat you place apprx a 1/2 cup of lettuce in the bottom of each tostado shell and top it with apprx 1 1/2 cups of the bean/chicken mixture, then take them to the table on individual plates and the guests help themselves When I assemble them I like this order: Lettuce, Beans/chicken, Salsa, tomatoe,cheese, Sourcream& Olives& Avocados En joy.