2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken. Most of the prep time is just letting the pan sit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, cover beans with water. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- 3Return pan to medium heat and add chicken, onion and celery. Cook 1 hour.
- 4Remove chicken. Add barley; season with pepper, mustard and cayenne.
- 5Cook 30 minutes, until beans and barley are tender.
- 6Remove chicken from bones and shred meat. Return meat to soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Black Bean and Barley Soup
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.5
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 153.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 44.1 g