Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is inspired from the recipe of the same name on the side of the Jiffy Pancake Mix box! I changed a few ingredients to suit my pantry and left out a few that small boys won't eat. Another make-it-the-night-before-and-serve-upon-arriving-home-tomorrow meal! A good way to use that left over chicken, too. I always freeze roasted or baked chicken pieces to use for recipes like this one.
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 milk
- Simmer first 5 ingredients over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut tomato into thin wedges or slivers.
- Mix tomato, chicken, soup and sour cream in 9x13 pan.
- In a bowl, mix topping ingredients; should be just barely thin enough to pour.
- Mix simmered vegetables into mixture in 9x13 pan.
- Pour topping over casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
I grated the carrots and did not use the tomato.I also added garlic salt. I made the topping thicker to make dumplings. It was very good. Thanks for posting.