Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was adopted from the RecipeZaar account. The veggies can be broiled rather than grilled. I have not changed the recipe at all.
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 large purple onion, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 2 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- 8 (80 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 small avocados
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- Peel avocados, and mash in a small bowl; stir in mayonnaise and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill.
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
- Place chicken breasts in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour half of vinegar mixture over chicken.
- Place bell pepper, onion, and avocado in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining vinegar mixture over vegetables.
- Seal bags, and chill at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from marinades, discarding marinades.
- Grill chicken and vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350* to 400*F/ 175* to 205*C) 20 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once.
- Remove vegetables from grill when done.
- Cool; cut chicken and vegetables into strips.
- Spread tortillas with Avocado Mayonnaise.
- Place chicken and vegetables on tortillas; roll up.
- Cut in half diagonally.
I made this tonight for dinner. Man, it was good! I substituted cilantro for the basil in the avocado mayo. I also added a slice of cheddar and a handful of cilantro to the wrap. I also used garlic herb wraps instead of tortillas. Next time I will probably do the same changes, except I will probably try lime instead of lemon in the mayo. The lemon in it was good, but lime may go better with the cilantro. It was delicious. This one is definitely a keeper!
Well I read it, read the reviews - and followed the directions. WOW - too easy, sooooo delicious. Great way to serve to favorites. Grilled chicken and avacados. Recipe was right on except for the mayo - too much. But who cares! Thanks for sharing.
This was absolutely marvelous. I thought I'd give it a try because it looked relatively healthy and I'm very glad I did. It was my first real experience with avocados (outside of trying guacamole, which I didn't really care for) My housemates also raved about it. We all gave it 5 stars and I've been told I can make it every night if I want! Truly wonderful recipe.