1/1 Photo of Chicken Asparagus Pasta Salad
This recipe is adapted from the "Simply Down Home Cookbook' that I received from Studentchef in the Spring 2009 Cookbook Swap. It uses some of my favorite ingredients and I can not wait until late Spring when fresh, local asparagus is in season! A neighboring town, Hadley, Massachusetts is famous for its asparagus and I eat more than my fill every year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne rigate or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 6 -8 ounces of fully cooked boneless chicken, seasoned to your own taste (Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic work well in this recipe and I use leftover roast chicken)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 16 ounces fresh grape tomatoes
- 2/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted coarsely chopped olive (kalamata or the olives of your choice)
- 1 cup crumbled feta or 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a stockpot.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- 3Drain pasta and keep warm.
- 4Wash asparagus and remove and discard tough ends.
- 5Slice asparagus into one inch pieces.
- 6Cook asparagus in a large skillet in shallow water and steam for 1-2 minutes until crisp tender.
- 7Drain well and reserve.
- 8Chop chicken into one inch pieces.
- 9Cut grape tomatoes in half.
- 10Combine Italian dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- 11Add cooked pasta and asparagus to the Italian dressing and mix together until everything is evenly coated.
- 12Add chicken, tomatoes, basil, olives, and cheese and stir to combine.
- 13Serve pasta salad warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Asparagus Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.6
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 1172.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 32.1 g