1/1 Photo of Chicken Asparagus Pasta Salad
This recipe is adapted from the "Simply Down Home Cookbook' that I received from Studentchef in the Spring 2009 Cookbook Swap. It uses some of my favorite ingredients and I can not wait until late Spring when fresh, local asparagus is in season! A neighboring town, Hadley, Massachusetts is famous for its asparagus and I eat more than my fill every year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne rigate or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 6 -8 ounces of fully cooked boneless chicken, seasoned to your own taste (Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic work well in this recipe and I use leftover roast chicken)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 16 ounces fresh grape tomatoes
- 2/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted coarsely chopped olive (kalamata or the olives of your choice)
- 1 cup crumbled feta or 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a stockpot.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- 3Drain pasta and keep warm.
- 4Wash asparagus and remove and discard tough ends.
- 5Slice asparagus into one inch pieces.
- 6Cook asparagus in a large skillet in shallow water and steam for 1-2 minutes until crisp tender.
- 7Drain well and reserve.
- 8Chop chicken into one inch pieces.
- 9Cut grape tomatoes in half.
- 10Combine Italian dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- 11Add cooked pasta and asparagus to the Italian dressing and mix together until everything is evenly coated.
- 12Add chicken, tomatoes, basil, olives, and cheese and stir to combine.
- 13Serve pasta salad warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Asparagus Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.6
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 1172.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 32.1 g