Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and nutrtious and good.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons use olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, can use low-fat
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, can be optional
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken in hot olive oil in a large skillet 5-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, artichokes, and capers.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
This was very tasty and easy. The only change I made was to use boil in a bag brown rice. I had to leave the heat on for a while in order for the rice to cook long enough. It was delicious and easy - I'll be making again!
This had excellent flavour, and I'll definitely be making it again. However, there was no conceivable way the rice was going to absorb that much liquid. I let it sit for 10 minutes, and still had about 1/4 inch of liquid in the bottom of the pan. I'll reduce the chicken stock next time by 1/2 cup and see if that works. The only change I made was to use chopped olives rather than capers, since we like them better.
I made a few minor changes- cut the chicken breast into thin medallions and dredged in flour before sauteeing. Also, I didn't have artichoke hearts, so I used sliced hearts of palm. The dish couldn't have been easier and I really loved the flavours- don't leave out the capers, they add something. I think you could do alot with this- throw in a variety of cooked veggies, garlic, seasonings... there are alot of possibilities. Next time, I would add more rice (and corresponding liquid of course) because I found myself scraping the bottom of the pot for more rice. Thanks for posting this, I will make it again for sure.