Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 broiler chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fry chicken in butter until brown.
- Place chicken skin down in casserole. Fry the onion in the remaining butter until golden then add garlic, tomato juice, paprika and sherry to the pan, bring to a boil then pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered in a 400 oven for 1 hour, tur n chicken over after 30 minutes.
- Baste frequently with pan juice. Serve with rice pilaf.
Delicious! I used to make a version of this years ago and forgot the ingredients. I used to use 2 pks Near east Rice Pilaf original , toasted in a dutch oven (after browning the chicken bites) and then just pour the large can of tomatoes in with a cup of water. I used to add parsley and paprika, but never tried sherry, onions or garlic. I still use my rice technique, but the incorporation of the additional ingredients put it over the top.
We thought this was really good and very easy to make. Followed the directions exactly. Great dinner!
This is way better than a keeper! The whole crew snarfed it down so fast that there are no leftovers. We will keep this as an indispensible recipe, easy to make and just wonderful. Thanks, JC, for posting this.