Top Review by suzebusnel
Delicious! I used to make a version of this years ago and forgot the ingredients. I used to use 2 pks Near east Rice Pilaf original , toasted in a dutch oven (after browning the chicken bites) and then just pour the large can of tomatoes in with a cup of water. I used to add parsley and paprika, but never tried sherry, onions or garlic. I still use my rice technique, but the incorporation of the additional ingredients put it over the top.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 broiler chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry chicken in butter until brown.
- Place chicken skin down in casserole. Fry the onion in the remaining butter until golden then add garlic, tomato juice, paprika and sherry to the pan, bring to a boil then pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered in a 400 oven for 1 hour, tur n chicken over after 30 minutes.
- Baste frequently with pan juice. Serve with rice pilaf.