Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by the classic Waldorf salad, this low-fat version features chunks of white-meat chicken and sweet-tangy Granny Smith apples. From Cooking Light.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced granny smith apple
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in another bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
This made for a nice afternoon lunch on a spring day. I topped mine with a sprinkling of chopped pecans for added crunch. :)
I'm a 'crainiac'...love my craisins. Made for PRMR.
This is simple and flavorful salad to make!! Made using store bought chicken strips, red onion (out of green) and forgot the tarragon, but was still good. Ate as is; no bread or crackers with it. Will make again! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag February 2010.