Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Simply Recipes. A great salad for the summer!
Make and share this Chicken Apple Arugula Goat Cheese Salad recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 680.38 g chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tart green apple, thinly sliced
- baby arugula leaf, enough for a salad for four
- 59.14 ml toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 59.14 ml goat cheese, broken up into little pieces
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat stick-free frying pan to medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil and lightly sauté the shallot slices until translucent. Remove from pan.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil and cook the chicken breast pieces, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through - 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt on the chicken while you are cooking it. Remove from pan and chill.
- When chicken has cooled, toss together in a serving bowl the shallots, chicken, sliced green apple, arugula, walnuts and goat cheese.
- Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.