Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Chicken and Wild Mushroom Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 -4 tablespoons cold water
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, warm
- Combine all ingredients, except capers, cornstarch, water, salt, pepper and rice, in slow cooker; cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add capers, turn heat to high and cook 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and water, stirring 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve over rice.