Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe, and easy too. My daughter made it at school and brought the recipe home. The exact amount of water needed varies, it needs to just cover the ingredients, so please use the amount of water as a guide only. It is best made a day beforehand
- 200 g skinless chicken breast fillet
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 1 swede, chopped
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 2 parsnips, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 55 g chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 cup shell pasta
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large pot.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken from pot and cut into small pieces.
- Mash the soup together so it becomes nice and creamy.
- Return chicken to soup and mix together.