Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe features chicken and vegetables. Recipe is from Land O Lakes.
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon land o lakes butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices, halved
- 2 cups cubed 1/2-inch cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until sizzling; add onions, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (6 to 7 minutes).
- Stir in all remaining meat sauce ingredients.
- Combine all filling ingredients except mozzarella cheese in small bowl. Arrange half of noodles in greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Spread with half of filling; spoon half of meat sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Layer with remaining noodles, filling and meat sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Continue baking for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I had a beautiful zucchini and some left-over cooked chicken...since I don't cook well without a recipe I typed in the ingredients and success! This recipe has passed my test; I'll definitely be sharing it with my friends and family. Since I like a little more tomato in my lasagna, I doubled the diced tomatoes - it cooked over a bit so next time I'll probably use a can and a half or eliminate the water.