Simple, tasty, and quick to the table.
Make and share this Chicken and Tomato Sauce With Basil and Pine Nuts on Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes in puree
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated havarti cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces penne, cooked and drained
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the first 8 ingredients; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add in Havarti cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.