Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple, tasty, and quick to the table.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes in puree
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated havarti cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces penne, cooked and drained
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the first 8 ingredients; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add in Havarti cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
We thought this was delicious! Instead of the cup of Havarti cheese I put in 1/4 c. of heavy cream. I don't think the flavor or texture suffered at all. The sauce was thin when first poured over the penne, but it thickened nicely as we served, and it tasted great. For the tomatoes, I used a can of petite diced tomatoes and pureed them with an immersion blender. We would love to have this dinner again!