Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Marinating time is 1 hour.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup julienne cut sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained (reserve 3 tablespoons oil)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thirds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons morton lite salt, mixture divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) boxesuncooked spinach cheese-filled tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced shallot
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In small bowl, combine garlic and reserved tomato oil. Brush chicken with half of oil mixture, then season with 1/2 teaspoon Morton Lite Salt® Mixture and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining garlic/oil mixture and add shallots. Sauté over medium heat until shallots are soft and translucent; add chicken. Stir and cook until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Add mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, vermouth and remaining 1 teaspoon Morton Lite Salt® Mixture. Sauté chicken/vegetable mixture until mushrooms are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Prepare tortellini according to package directions; substituting Morton Lite Salt® Mixture for salt. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid and drain. Gently toss tortellini and reserved cooking liquid with chicken mixture. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- * If dry vermouth is not allowed due to dietary restrictions, substitute low-sodium chicken broth.