1/1 Photo of Chicken and Spinach Rigatoni Casserole
heather in Ont,'s Note:
Quick, easy and delicious. The recipe calls for 4 garlic cloves, but I only added 2 and should have added 3-4 cloves. I also added more parmesan because of preference. This is a hit with the kids. My friend Kathy sent me this recipe and now I am indebted to her forever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 283.49 g rigatoni pasta (uncooked)
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 566.99 g can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 6.16 ml dried basil
- 3.69 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml hot red pepper flakes, crushed
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook pasta according to pkg directions and drain.
- 2Place spinach on paper towel and squeeze until barely moist.
- 3Add oil to a large non stick skillet and place over medium heat until hot.
- 4Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- 5Add chicken and cook until it loses its pink colour, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
- 7Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- 8Simmer 5 minutes, uncovered stirring occasionally.
- 9Combine pasta, spinach, chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese in a bowl; stir well.
- 10Spoon into 13 X 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over the top.
- 12Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 13Makes 8 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Spinach Rigatoni Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 247.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 22.0 g