Creamy Zucchini & Spinach Rigatoni
photo by Kraft Natural Cheese
- Ready In:
6 1-1/3-cup servings
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked (1/2 of 16-oz. pkg.)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA, divided
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minute or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add flour and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute Stir in broth; cook and stir 2 to 3 minute or until thickened. Add Neufchatel; cook and stir 2 to 3 minute or until melted.
- DRAIN pasta; return to pan. Add zucchini mixture, spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella; mix lightly. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining mozzarella.
- BAKE 10 minute or until mozzarella is melted.
- Preparing Perfect Pasta: Follow the package directions to ensure that enough water is used for cooking the pasta. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (tender but still a little firm to the bite), stirring frequently. To prevent pasta from sticking, add it slowly to plenty of boiling water and stir frequently while cooking. Adding oil to the cooking water is not recommended because some sauces may not cling to pasta coated with oil.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh fruit and a side salad to round out the meal.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 330 calories, 13g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 18g protein, 45%DV vitamin A, 15%DV vitamin C, 35%DV calcium, 15%DV iron.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really great. It needs a bit of seasoning but is otherwise really great. I suggest using a pasta with extra health benefits. I also used frozen chopped spinach since it is slightly less expensive and easier to work with since it's already chopped. This is a great weeknight meal! Thanks for the recipe Kraft.....
I thought I'd give this a try and it was great. My husband really, really enjoyed it. I added some diced ham that I had leftover from Easter. It was a nice addition, making this a complete meal. I didn't have any cream cheese so I substituted alfredo sauce- recipe #408297. You could do alot of different things with this recipe. It lends itself to lots of additions and changes.