1/1 Photo of Chicken and Rice Salad Veronique
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT5. From Woman's World, June 01, 2009. A variation on a French classic. The tarragon must be fresh, not dried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked rice, drained and cooled
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped (divided into 1 Tbsp & 1 Tbsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups red seedless grapes or 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 3 ounces Baby Spinach (4 cups)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1PREPARE CHICKEN:.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with pepper, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken; cook 10 minutes.
- 5Turn chicken over; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook until no longer pink in centers, 8-10 minutes (internal temperature = 165 degrees F).
- 6Remove chicken to cutting board; cool.
- 7PREPARE DRESSING:.
- 8Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 9PREPARE FIXINGS AND ASSEMBLE:.
- 10Transfer 1/4 cup dressing to bowl. Add rice, grapes, and walnuts to coat.
- 11Slice chicken.
- 12Arrange spinach leaves on platter; top with rice mixture.
- 13Add decorative rows of chicken slices, apple slices and onion slices.
- 14Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Rice Salad Veronique
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.2
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 493.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 29.3 g