Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT5. From Woman's World, June 01, 2009. A variation on a French classic. The tarragon must be fresh, not dried.
- 3 cups cooked rice, drained and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped (divided into 1 Tbsp & 1 Tbsp)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups red seedless grapes or 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 3 ounces Baby Spinach (4 cups)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- PREPARE CHICKEN:.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook until no longer pink in centers, 8-10 minutes (internal temperature = 165 degrees F).
- Remove chicken to cutting board; cool.
- PREPARE DRESSING:.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- PREPARE FIXINGS AND ASSEMBLE:.
- Transfer 1/4 cup dressing to bowl. Add rice, grapes, and walnuts to coat.
- Slice chicken.
- Arrange spinach leaves on platter; top with rice mixture.
- Add decorative rows of chicken slices, apple slices and onion slices.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
I love all the flavors in this salad! My co-workers were so jealous! Thanks for posting!
I made this a few days ago but somehow forgot to post my rating, I made this using grilled chicken but made the remainder of the recipe as stated, great combination of flavors this is a wonderful salad and one I will make again, thanks for sharing Kate made for ZWT/5