Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great way to fix chicken, it comes out really moist and tasty.
- 1 whole chicken, cup up
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided in half
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 green onions with tops, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- garlic powder
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Melt 1/2 stick butter in large heavy skillet that is oven proof. Saute chicken in butter until brown, turning frequently.
- Once it is browned well, pour in 1 cup water with 1 tsp chicken bouillon dissolved, place cover over pan and turn heat to low and let it simmer approximately 15 minutes.
- While chicken simmers, in a pot large enough to cook rice, melt the other 1/2 stick butter, saute cut up vegetables briefly, stir in uncooked rice and saute rice until starting to brown slightly. Pour in 3 cups water, bring to a boil, turn heat to very low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take chicken out of the heavy skillet after simmering, leaving the liquid in the skillet. Pour the partially cooked rice and vegetables into the skillet. Add chicken pieces back on top of the rice. Bake at 350 degrees with a lid on for approximately 30 minutes. Remove lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes until it starts to brown nicely on top.