Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I wanted to use up the rest of a bottle of pesto sauce and this is how I did it. Me and my family think it's pretty good. Easy to make too.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb potato, cut into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Mix 3 Tbsp pesto with potatoes and onions.
- Place into casserole dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Evenly rub 1 Tbsp pesto on top of the chicken breasts.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasonings.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes. If the cheese begins to brown too fast, loosely cover w/foil then remove foil during the last 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
Made this tonight and it was delicious!!! Only change I would make is to add some salt and maybe pepper to the potatoes before putting in the casserole dish. Even with all the seasonings that go on at the end, the potatoes were a little bland down underneath all that flavorful chicken. But overall this recipe is out of this world good! :)
This turned out so-so for me. It seemed to lack something - maybe adding some other spices or some sun-dried tomatoes would help. I do think it is a helpful base recipe though, and I will play around with it in the future.