Kendra PeloJoaquin's Note:
This is a quick and delicious Chicken Salad that always gets devoured every time I make it. It can be eaten all on it's own without another dish because it has everything your body needs in a meal. I found it in the March 2005 edition of Real Simple. I've given the recipe exactly as it was printed, *but* I generally double the dressing, and use a whole bunch of watercress. Also, for potlucks or picnics, ignore the part about adding the watercress "just before serving" it travels just fine all mixed up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small red and white potato
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 rotisserie roasted deli chicken (no skin or bones about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (mine is flavored with taragon...yummy)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stemmed (You could use baby spinach or mesclun if watercress is unavailable)
- 1Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender.
- 2Put the chicken in a big bowl.
- 3Whisk the mustard, vinegar, garlic and honey together with salt and pepper.
- 4While whisking, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream.
- 5Halve the potatoes and combine with the chicken.
- 6Add the capers and vinaigrette, gently tossing with the chicken misture. Fold in the watercress just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Potatoes With Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.8
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 3182.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 43.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar