Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, easy chicken dish which only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and tastes fantastic. Fully cooked in the microwave. A regularly requested meal in my household. Originally out of a Women's Weekly Microwave Cookbook.
- 1 bbq chicken
- 4 -5 potatoes, thickly sliced
- 15 g butter
- 30 g extra butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Place potatoes in the base of a casserole dish and dot with 15g butter. Cover and cook in the microwave until tender - most microwaves have an auto feature for root vegetables.
- Break BBQ chicken into bite size pieces and put on top of potato and set aside.
- Place 30g butter and garlic in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Mix in flour and chicken stock powder to form a paste. Slowly add the water, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Then do the same with the cream. Cook in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard and stir to mix well.
- Place the sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle on cheese and then paprika.
- Place in microwave for 5 minutes to heat through.
I was just about to post this recipe! It really is outstandingly tasty and very easy; I always finish it off in an 200 degree oven for around 20 minutes rather than the microwave as I love a browned, crispy topping! Great recipe!