Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light 2003
- cooking spray
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs (8)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 4 leeks, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups riesling wine or 2 cups other slightly sweet white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh oregano sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- orange rind, strip
- 3 cups diced seeded peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Add leeks to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned, turning once. Remove from pan.
- Add coriander and cinnamon; cook 30 seconds. Add wine and next 5 ingredients (wine through rind), and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Add leeks. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken. Cover and cook 8 minutes.
- Add tomato; bring to a boil. Uncover and cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Remove cinnamon, bay leaves, and rind.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and chopped oregano. Sprinkle each serving with parsley.