Recipe by internetnut
Jammed packed with Heavy cream, mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta cheese. You can make it your own by adding chopped fresh spinach, sliced mushrooms, or other veggies.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves (divided)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (divided about 1 cup total)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb mild italian bulk sausage
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked or regular)
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning (divided)
- 9 -12 lasagna noodles (not oven-ready or no-boil)
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, divided
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 – makes 1 13×9″ pan.
- In a frying pan on medium heat add 1 T Olive Oil. When heated, add 1 clove garlic and half of the chopped onions and cook until translucent (about 2 minutes). Add chicken, bulk sausage, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, and Paprika. Cook until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside in single layer so they don’t stick together.
- In a small bowl combine Ricotta Cheese, egg, and 1 T Italian Seasoning – set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat – use remaining Olive Oil (1T), 1 clove garlic, and remaining onions. Heat until translucent. Add heavy whipping cream. When warmed, add 2-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan. Cook stirring constantly until cheese melts but DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL – turn the heat down if it gets too warm.
- Assembly: Put a thin layer of white sauce on the bottom of your 13×9″ pan. Top with enough noodles for a single layer. I use wide-lasagna noodles so it takes 3 to do each layer for a total of 9 noodles.
- Top the noodles with 1/2 of the Ricotta Cheese mixture.
- Add 1/2 of the meat.
- Add 1/3 of the Mozzarella Cheese and sprinkle with scant tsp Italian Seasoning.
- Repeat and finish with white sauce, reserved Parmesan, Mozzarella, and sprinkle with scant tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. If the top starts to brown too much, cover in foil. Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before cutting.