1 hr 30 mins
Jammed packed with Heavy cream, mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta cheese. You can make it your own by adding chopped fresh spinach, sliced mushrooms, or other veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves (divided)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (divided about 1 cup total)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb mild italian bulk sausage
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked or regular)
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning (divided)
- 9 -12 lasagna noodles (not oven-ready or no-boil)
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 3 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, divided
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375 – makes 1 13×9″ pan.
- 2In a frying pan on medium heat add 1 T Olive Oil. When heated, add 1 clove garlic and half of the chopped onions and cook until translucent (about 2 minutes). Add chicken, bulk sausage, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, and Paprika. Cook until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- 3Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside in single layer so they don’t stick together.
- 4In a small bowl combine Ricotta Cheese, egg, and 1 T Italian Seasoning – set aside.
- 5In a saucepan over medium heat – use remaining Olive Oil (1T), 1 clove garlic, and remaining onions. Heat until translucent. Add heavy whipping cream. When warmed, add 2-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan. Cook stirring constantly until cheese melts but DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL – turn the heat down if it gets too warm.
- 6Assembly: Put a thin layer of white sauce on the bottom of your 13×9″ pan. Top with enough noodles for a single layer. I use wide-lasagna noodles so it takes 3 to do each layer for a total of 9 noodles.
- 7Top the noodles with 1/2 of the Ricotta Cheese mixture.
- 8Add 1/2 of the meat.
- 9Add 1/3 of the Mozzarella Cheese and sprinkle with scant tsp Italian Seasoning.
- 10Repeat and finish with white sauce, reserved Parmesan, Mozzarella, and sprinkle with scant tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- 11Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. If the top starts to brown too much, cover in foil. Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Italian Sausage Alfredo Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1196.4
- Calories from Fat 849
- Total Fat 94.4 g
- Saturated Fat 51.4 g
- Cholesterol 361.5 mg
- Sodium 1419.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 58.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning