Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I've developed by trying other recipes and taking the parts I've liked from each recipe and combining them.
- 6 chicken legs
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped (I use leftovers from baked cottage roll ham)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- garlic, to taste (I use garlic powder approximately 1/2 tsp)
- salt and pepper
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup homogonized milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄4 cup wagon wheel macaroni (only because it's a fav. at our house!)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- vegetables, of your choice ie,french style green beans,carrot slices,etc. (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Saute till golden brown.
- Add chicken and ham and vegetables.
- Add mushroom soup and milk.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir, cover and cook till chicken is done.
- You may need to add more milk or water if it gets too thick.
- In a seperate pot, cook pasta using the minimum time requirements.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam or non-stick vegetable spray.
- Put pasta down.
- Lay chicken and ham on top.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Pour the sauce over it.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake covered for 20 min.