Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very easy. Very good.
- 354.88 ml cubed cooked chicken
- 453.59 g can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced celery
- 236.59 ml small cauliflower floret
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 78.07 ml salted peanuts
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise (I use Hellman's)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 7.39 ml curry powder (or more, to your taste)
- 1.23 ml salt
- Combine chicken, pineapple, celery, cauliflower, onions and peanuts.
- Blend together remaining ingredients and toss thoroughly with chicken.
- Chill well.
We really, really liked this one dish, make ahead, cold meal yesterday when it was hot outside. DH especially commented on the nice contrast between the sweetness of the pineapple and the bite of the curry (I did use 2 teaspoons). I loved the crunch of the peanuts.
My DH loved this! He said 'be sure you put 5 stars,' since I agree, I am putting 5 BIG stars! I used Hot Madras Curry Powder for the curry powder.and added a little extra cuz we like the heat! I substituted fat-free mayo and it worked great! I served it over just a few lettuce leaves. DH wondered when we could make it again - what a compliment! Made for ZWT4 Curry challenge.
Very, very nice blend of flavors in this salad! The only thing I did differently (& it didn't affect the taste, obviously!) was to use some shredded chicken breast that I had frozen! Oh, yes, I also used some my very own curry powder mix for this recipe! Definitely a keeper & a new way for me to make a chicken salad! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as part of the first Africa challenge (Curious about Curry) while touring that continent during the Zaar World Tour 4]