Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
We loved this recipe we found in an atkins recipe book, but tweaked it just a bit to fit our lifestyle.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 skinless boneless turkey breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1⁄2 an onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock (1/2 cup water and 1 chicken boullion cube works too)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 ounces cooked fettuccine pasta, kept warm
- Heat oil and butter in skillet. Cube chicken and add to pan, cook thoroughly.
- Take cucumber and peel, slice in half, seed with a spoon and dice small.
- When chicken is cooked golden brown, remove from pan. Add onion and cucumber. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, cumin and mustard. Cook 5-7 minutes more until onion and cucumber are tender.
- Return chicken to skillet. Stir in sour cream. Serve over fettucine.