Chicken With Tomato - Cucumber Salsa
It may not sound all that great but you have to try it to appreciate the wonderful flavor!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, cumin and corriander and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Rub the chicken with the spice mixture, drizzle with oil and cook in a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the salsa : combine the tomato, cucumber, parsley, vinegar, pepper and remaining salt. Refrigerate salsa till chicken is done. After chicken is cooked, spoon salsa over chicken and serve.
- I actually made 10 times the amount of the spice mixture and put it in an extra salt shaker so when I make this chicken, I just shake a little of the spices on while it is cooking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was delicious!! Although I scaled to 2 servings, I used the full spice amount for the chicken. I cut the breasts into strips to reduce cooking time, sprayed my skillet with Pam and sprinkled the spices directly on the meat. I made extra salsa with fresh-from-the-garden parsley, cucs & tomatoes (not plum); it went perfectly with the spice on the chicken. I packed the leftover salsa in hubby's lunch today. Thanx Veronica!Reply
see 6 more