Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great appetizers for any gathering. You can add jalapenos if you like it spicy but I prefer without.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon
- 8 ounces chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Slice chicken as though you were going to make chicken strips and flatten between saran wrap. Half each strip of bacon. In a small bowl mix the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Spread cream cheese on each piece and lay on a piece of bacon and roll up. Secure with toothpick. (This is when you could have added the jalepeno.) Roll each piece in the sugar/chili mixture and place on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the extra sugar/chili mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes Then put under broiler for about 5 more minutes.
These were so good! I love anything in brown sugar and chili powder, but the cream cheese really made the difference. I will make my chicken this way more often. Thanks!!