Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a book, called the 1,000.00 best chicken recipes, and I loved it, its super fast and easy to make. It also heats well the next day.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 full size boneless chicken breasts, that have been, cut in half., and then cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Crisco cooking oil, Divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1. Combine chili powder and salt in shallow dish, add chicken, and shake to coat, very throughly.
- 2. Heat one tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken, cook and stir until, no longer pink in center.
- Remove to serving dish.
- 3. Heat remaining one tablespoon oil in skillet. Add onion, cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Add bell peppers. Cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add corn. Heat throughly, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to reheat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4. Great if served with plain white rice.