Chicken and Chickpea Curry
- Chop chicken, onion and mushrooms, slice garlic very thinly.
- Heat the Ghee till it is just sizzling in a large wok or a heavy saucepan.
- Fry the onions with the garlic, ginger, cardamoms and bay leaves. Stir for 5-10 min until the onions are soft,then add the chicken,stir again for 3 min then turn down the heat so the chicken stays fairly soft.
- After 10 min stir in the mushrooms, combine all the spices and tip them in the pan, add the salt, turning everything over rapidly until the spices have covered everything.
- Now quickly, as everything will start to stick, add the pasata (sieved tomato), yogurt, coconut milk and the drained chick peas.
- Heat through until boiling stirring fairly often, then simmer until the sauce is quite thick but smooth possibly 20-25 min, add a little boiling water if it is reducing rapidly.
- Serve with rice or Indian breads, possibly with chilled chopped fresh tomatoes.